Apprentice Mechanical Design Engineer Job Responsibilities:
• Assists with the design of mechanical, electromechanical and electronic components, products and systems by aiding with the development of new and existing solutions.
• Carries out Computer Aided Design, technical research and generates technical documentation.
• Conducts designs around Raspberry Pi (or similar) systems for data reporting / handling.
Apprentice Mechanical Design Engineer Job Duties:
- Assists with the design of mechanical, electromechanical and electronic systems, solutions and products, by conducting research; applying principles of mechanics and electricity.
- Supports the development of mechanical, electromechanical and electronic products by studying customer & user requirements and researching / testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Assists with product quality and verification and validation activities by designing test methods and practices, testing prototype components, confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Supports project deliverable documents and prepares technical reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information and data.
- Carries out engineering change and concession activities.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Contributes to the product data base by creating product information leaflets and brochures, generating BOMs and entering data.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Apprentice Mechanical Design Engineer Qualifications and Skills:
• Recently completed or currently studying for Mechanical Engineering Degree
• Basic electromechanical design skills
• 3D CAD capable (Catia preferred but not essential)
• Familiar with Raspberry Pi architecture, associated programming and incorporation of sensors / peripherals, some web / app programming skills would also be of use
• Competent with Microsoft Excel, word etc.
• Ability to generate technical presentations & documents
• Basic ability in presenting technical information
• Conceptual design skills
• Technical enthusiasm and desire to learn
To apply for this placement please contact Lidia stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.