Start Date – August/ September 2021
Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Looking for an Undergraduate studying a Mechanical, Auto or related Engineering degree
GKN Automotive is the world’s largest supplier of driveline technologies to the automotive industry. Our engineering puts driveline innovation into series production. Our systems integration expertise and software calibration capabilities make us a strong and trusted partner for electrification, all-wheel drive programmes and new vehicle concepts.
Our global network of production and engineering centres gives the company a presence in 21 countries. Our 54 manufacturing facilities and 5 technology centres are strategically located to ensure customers benefit from local supply chains and world-class technical support.
With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s automotive manufacturers
Advertised via YINI please make applications via YINI rather than direct to the company
Purpose of Job
To support the mechanical design and analysis of efficient and robust components and systems for GKNIC projects.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Component schemes and first level analysis
- Complete and release detailed drawings
- Work with suppliers, inspection and build to deliver prototype parts for test and development
- Work with test and development to formulate validation plans and feed the results back into component FMEAs
- Resolve component concerns
- Data management improvements
Studying a relevant engineering degree
Desirable Experience and Skills
- This is a student placement role, so no specific experience expected, but involvement in engineering projects as a hobby or within a student team an advantage
- A strong interest in engineering
- A willingness to actively learn
- CAD (NX an advantage) solid modelling and detail drawing. Training will be given if required, but aptitude is key
- Flexibility to work on a variety of tasks
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact: Ellen Pugsley at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.