• Start Date: August 2021
• Salary: £16,000
• Location: Cheltenham
• Disciplines: Mechanical Engineering, Aero Engineering
This role will be to provide Support to the Engineering team in management of bespoke tooling along with other day to day activities.
The role is to work with the Production Engineer to assist in providing the day-to-day engineering support required to ensure that Operations can deliver products on time and to aerospace quality standards. The role will measure their performance against agreed metrics, KPI’s and company standards.
Work effectively with colleagues and all stakeholders and uphold the company values at all times.
Adhere to legislation governing employment, including but not restricted to; health and safety, data protection, equal opportunities ensuring compliance with local policies and procedures.
Comply with statutory requirements and regulations and Company policies.
Undertake such other duties commensurate with the role that may be required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- AutoCAD/SolidWorks experience is highly desirable.
- Grade C or above (GCSE) in 5 subjects including Maths/English/Science
- Ideally suited to candidates looking for careers/further education in engineering
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective and accurate use of MS Office applications especially Excel.
- Able to produce clear, concise and accurate written and verbal communications (in English) at all levels.
- Effective listening skill.
- Confident in a fast moving and changing environment.
- Is self-confident, proficient and competent and can work well under pressure.
- Can work on own initiative and manage / prioritise own workload.
- Able to work in a team environment and participate in all team activities, with a willingness to share experience.
- Ability to get to Bishops Cleeve facility
Any offers of employment are conditional upon:
References deemed satisfactory by the Company covering the last 3 years of employment/education.
A satisfactory criminal background check (DBS)
Pre-employment Drug & Alcohol Testing
Satisfactory Medical reports
Key Working Relationships:
Regular contact with Head of Engineering; other members of the Engineering team; Operations Supervisory staff; Production Operatives; Supply Chain and Customer Support team members.
UK managers and colleagues at all levels.
To apply for this placement or for more information, please contact: Ellen Pugsley at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest, your full name and the vacancy reference.
Please note, you must be fully registered with The YINI scheme to apply.
See the YINI application page to complete an on-line application form if you are not already registered.