Location Central Scotland - Various District Offices (see below for locations)
Start date September 2024 for 1 full year
The company is seeking a number of school leavers or undergraduate engineering students to support the District Teams. The successful candidate will be working with an international energy company that owns and operates electricity transmission and distribution networks in Central and Southern Scotland, Merseyside, Cheshire, North Shropshire, and North & Mid Wales. This company keeps the power flowing to around 3.5m homes and businesses, it operates in a government-regulated environment with targets set by the UK regulator Ofgem and is central to delivering the UK’s Net Zero ambitions to tackle climate change. The company has supported award-winning Year in Industry students for many years with great success stories.
The placements will be based at
Location Telferton House, 53 Fishwives Causeway, (Edinburgh District office)
Location Kilmarnock office
Location Bonnybridge or Glenrothes district office (can be either)
Location Cambuslang district office
You will be required to support the District team in engineering, design or project management tasks, to deliver safe, quality, innovative, cost-effective network solutions, to meet today’s sustainability and environmental challenges, to help the business deliver a low carbon net-zero future.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Gain an understanding of Distribution assets.
- Support on SAP or other IT systems.
- Track Departmental Progress (Scorecard)
- Undertake specific engineering project work commensurate with level of experience and skills
- Should have a reasonable knowledge of MS Office and in particular excellent Excel skills.
- Qualifications - at a level and discipline to potentially secure a place on an engineering degree or on a degree course that covers electrical/mechanical engineering skills.
Ideally, the person would have had a part-time job previously to demonstrate business practices and awareness
MS Office- In particular Teams and Excel
- Good standard of written English
- Basic awareness or experience of business practices
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Proactive problem solver
- Good communicator
- Team player
- Willingness to learn
To apply for this role, please email Jessica at EDTPlacements@etrust.org.uk, stating the vacancy reference.