Start Date – September 2024 for 1 year
Salary - £20,103
Location - Cambuslang, Glasgow
Disciplines – relevant to utilities/infrastructure/ construction for example environment/ sustainability/civil/chemical engineering/quantity surveying
Please note that due to contractual agreement candidates need to be attending a Scottish University or live in Scotland.
The company is one of the world’s largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy. They are seeking a keen school leaver/undergraduate or recent graduate to join their Sustainability Team .
It is the first integrated energy company in the UK to generate 100% green electricity. Our focus is on wind energy, smart grids and driving the change to a cleaner, electric future and we’re investing over £6m every working day to make this happen.
We’re committed to speeding up the transition to clean power, cleaner electric transport, low-carbon heating and improved air quality whilst keeping energy bills affordable - to deliver a better future, quicker for everyone.
Supporting the implementation of evolving environmental and social impact assessment and minimisation processes on a Transmission construction project
Activities and Responsibilities
- Calculating carbon, resource, waste, ecological and social impacts/footprints via the use of new tools and processes
- Providing feedback and otherwise supporting the ongoing development of such tools and processes
- Supporting community engagement to understand local environmental and social impacts and community needs and priorities
- Working with local stakeholders, including landowners, to develop and implement environmental and social mitigation and enhancement aligned to local needs
- Working with central functions including Environmental Planning, Sustainability Team, Net Zero Fund Team, Stakeholder Engagement Team
- Should be reasonably numerate, with good communication skills and reasonable written English.
- Have demonstrated an interest in environmental and/or social issues.
- Knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel.
Technical Skills/Knowledge (some to be developed)
- MS Office- In particular Teams and Excel
- Analytical skills e.g. spreadsheets
- Carbon foot printing
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Circular economy/sustainable resource use/waste minimisation
- Biodiversity measurement and mitigation techniques
- Natural Capital assessment
- Social impact assessment/Social Return on Investment
- Project management
- Good standard of written English
- Experience of business practices
- Interpersonal Skills and relationship building/maintaining
- Influencing skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Proactive problem solver
- Good communicator, including presentational, written, verbal
- Team player
- Willingness to learn
To apply for this role, please email Jessica at EDTPlacements@etrust.org.uk, stating the vacancy reference.