Start Date September 2024 for 1 full year
Location Cambuslang, Glasgow
Disciplines Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
The successful candidate will be working with an international energy company that owns and operates electricity transmission and distribution networks in Southern Scotland, Merseyside, Cheshire and North Wales. With around 3.3m customers, it operates in a government regulated environment with targets set by the UK regulator Ofgem. The company have supported Year in Industry students for many years with great success stories.
You will be required to support the Protection and Control team within the transmission business. This will include elements to help with standardisation effort within the department: update mark-up drawings with engineer's help, contribute to developing an updated database for battery calculations.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Liaises with contacts across the business to help prepare the standard technical specifications documentation.
- Collaborate with Protection and Control Engineers within the department to help update drawings on standard and digital projects to obtain standard schematic diagrams.
- Update the existing Battery Calculation database and implement process for maintaining the process up to date.
- Maintain strong controls, ensuring all processes and procedures are in line with Group policies and that documentation is kept up to date.
- Manage tasks associated with the implementation of process improvement initiatives
Pre-university or undergraduate planning to study/currently studying for a degree related to Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Power Engineering.
Ideally, the person would have had a part-time job previously to demonstrate business practices and awareness
MS Office- In particular Teams and Excel
- Good standard of written English
- Basic awareness or experience of business practices
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Proactive problem solver
- Good communicator
- Team player
- Willingness to learn
To apply for this role, please email Jessica at EDTPlacements@etrust.org.uk, stating the vacancy reference.