Start Date - August 2024
Salary - 22,308
Location - Glasgow
Disciplines – Electrical/Mechanical/Instrumentation
Please Note – due to a CSR Contract clause this placement is only open to undergraduate students attending a university in Glasgow or who have a Glasgow address.
The company are seeking an undergraduate for 1 full year. The placement will be at the state-of-the-art Glasgow Recycling and Renewable Energy Centre. Their new technology will radically overhaul the way the city’s household waste is managed over the next 25 years and will produce enough energy to power the equivalent of 26,496 households and heat the equivalent of some 8,000 homes
- To provide support to, and work along-side, the various Engineering Teams within the Glasgow Recycling and Renewable Energy Centre (GRREC).
- To gain an understanding of the importance of how an effective maintenance management strategy is in maintaining the availability of the plant.
- Gain an understanding of the Holistech Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in use at the GRREC and work along-side the Engineers to input data and make improvements to the system.
- To gain a detailed understanding of the various Engineering Systems and Processes at the GRREC.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Helping to update and maintain the CMMS database for GRREC and assist the discipline engineers in undertaking any equipment surveys required before submitting information onto the CMMS.
- Support the maintenance planning process by ensuring tasks are effectively scoped, coordinated and communicated.
- Assisting the discipline engineers in the development of an overall maintenance strategy for the systems/equipment installed at the GRREC and also liaising with the Central Engineering Team who are co-ordinating the overall project.
- Project planning / monitoring / reporting for all Projects that they are involved with.
- Providing feedback to the Engineering Manager / Discipline Engineers on the progression of all tasks / projects.
- Work with the Community Benefits Officer on STEM programmes.
- Should have a reasonable engineering acumen awareness/knowledge
- Flexible approach to work
- Methodical and accurate
- Good IT / Microsoft Office skills e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on their own and use their own initiative
- Aged 18 or above, due to site construction.
It would be beneficial for the student to have been exposed to an engineering environment previously. Full driving licence is desirable, but not essential.
Technical Skills / Knowledge
- Basic Engineering skills / knowledge (Electrical / Mechanical / Instrumentation)
- MS Office e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Analytical skills e.g. spreadsheets, simple Access database
- Organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Keyboard skills
- Basic awareness or experience of business practices
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Proactive and good communicator
- Team player
- Comfortable presenting to a small audience on a subject they are knowledgeable about
To apply for this role, please email Jessica at EDTPlacements@etrust.org.uk, stating the vacancy reference.