Start date: Summer/Autumn 2020
Salary: £15K pa
Disciplines: Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
MAIN PLACEMENT PURPOSE:
To work alongside either the signalling, mechanical or system integration team to deliver one aspect of the team’s deliverables.
To play a key role in investigating, developing solutions, presenting on findings and managing the completion of one of our engineering team’s current engineering projects.
- Providing visibility of progress and highlighting any issues that needing escalation.
- Incorporating best practice and lessons learned from other projects.
- Liaising with other engineers and functions to produce in-depth reports on available solutions.
- Developing action plans, improvement schemes and ensuring project progress against them.
- Facilitating the engineering team’s interfaces between other internal and external stakeholders
- Liaising with and facilitating interfaces with key internal and external stakeholders.
- development of solutions for new and existing project
- development of solutions to improve reliability of train currently in service
- improve internal engineering processes to save time and cost
To have the correct aptitude and attitude with an open and honest approach.
Highly driven and able to work on own initiative
Basic understanding of engineering principles
Excellent communication and organisation skills
Ability to work within a team and individually
Commitment to working as part of a Flexible and forward thinking team.
The ability to work with minimal supervision, setting and achieving clear targets and deliverables.
Excellent report writing and communication capabilities.
An understanding in engineering principles, and a desire to progress their career in this field.
Understanding of railway systems
Work experience within an engineering organisation
To apply for this placement please contact: Maria Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here stating your interest please include your full name and the vacancy reference number above.
Please note, you must be fully registered with the YINI scheme to be eligible to apply for this vacancy, if you would like to register please click here