Physics - Photometric and Laboratory technician
Office based within Holophane Europe Limited in-house laboratory.
The laboratory works within the frame work of ISO 17025, and is approved by external laboratories.
Microsoft Office – predominantly Excel.
LabView (Prewritten programs)
Test equipment bespoke software
3D CAD Solidworks (infrequent)
Responsibilities and Duties;
• Ongoing Life testing of LED module – Running controlled performance testing of LED over time, and presenting the results.
• LED Production line quality (Light Characteristic testing.)
• Performance (Photometric) Testing -
o Sphere testing - measurement and reporting light characteristics
o Gonio Photometric testing – measuring emitted light over angle.
• Elexon charge code testing (Electrical Performance)
o Testing lighting fitting in various operating modes.
• General office administration
Review and improve current LED light characteristic testing.
Review and improve Life performance testing process and ‘automated’ reporting.
Automation of test equipment – maintaining quality of results, implement automatic running, and results capture using suitable process, and software.
Set up customer demonstration of test equipment – including “light” show.
Develop an optical design tool for “bubble” optics