Routes into STEM can help you to connect and collaborate with local education institutions and companies. We're always looking for innovative partnerships so if you can see areas where we can connnect, get in touch!
What is Routes into STEM?
Routes is an innovative 3 day course which provides young people aged 13 to 15 (Y9 & 10) with a fantastic opportunity to compare both university and apprenticeship pathways into STEM Careers. The course allows students to gain firsthand experience of life at college, university and within a company, spending 1 day at each. Students are also given opportunities to tap into a network of role models within each organisation; talking to apprentices, undergraduates, graduates and professionals, asking questions and gaining crucial insights in order to help shape their own futures.
Routes into STEM focuses on the following outcomes for participants:
Generating Local Cross Industry Collaboration
For each course we work with multiple schools & 3 local delivery partners; a college, a university and a STEM company. This cross industry enagement allows us to create local collaboration opportunities before during and after the delivery of a course. Since the begining of the programme we have engaged nearly 400 organisations.
For a list of our delivery partners & supporters visit here.
Routes into STEM Impact on Students
Our first Routes course was delivered in 2014, since then we have had the following achievements:
- 890 students engaged
- 41% female participation
- 30% BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic)
- 77% attendance from state school pupils
- 94% of students post course say that they are highly likely or will definitely pursue STEM subjects in the future
- 99% of parents felt that Routes has helped their children
- 96% of students would recommend this course to their peers
We have had an impactful academic year 2016/17 - find out more by downloading our impact poster:
Why Work With Us?
- Routes creates local collaboration opportunities between schools, colleges, universities and STEM companies to grow the future talent pipeline
- We handle all of the administration and marketing related to the course, most importantly finding you the right students for your organisation
- We're well connected with over 30 years of industry and education experience
- Routes will provide you with a data driven report showcasing the impact of your organisation on Routes students
- This is a development opportunity for apprentices and graduates employed by companies to project manage the delivery of the experience
- EDT have developed schemes that inspire and stimulate all year groups; giving partners an opportunity to deliver indepth egagement for students through mulitple STEM experiences - read more about our schemes here
Ways To Partner With Us
- Deliver day 1, day 2 or day 3 of our Routes into STEM course for students
- Deliver a bespoke Teacher's Routes into STEM CPD course
- Fund a course for your chosen target areas/student profile
Get in touch by visiting our contact us page or register your interest with the button below and we will get in touch.