Regional Administrative Assistant - North/Midlands
EDT – Role Description
Regional Administrative Assistant
Date: August 2017
Responsible to: Head of Schools Programmes, EDT North/Midlands
Role is available part-time on a job share basis 18.75 hours per week
Salary: £16,000 (will be pro-rata where part-time)
To be based in Nottingham Office
1. Main function of job
To provide administrative and office support the regional team as they seek to advance and develop the EDT schemes in the region to enable the region to its nationally agreed targets and outcomes.
To provide administrative support as required supporting events for the Projects and Placements teams.
2. Main duties and responsibilities
- To support the co-ordination and provide administrative support for events across the region (Midlands and North) runs acting as a co-ordinator between Placements and Projects, the external organisations and participants.
- Support the teams of current stakeholders (Schools, Companies, students and venues) as requested by the team.
- Maintain accurate records on the national database. Dynamics is used and support/training will be given where necessary.
- Support the teams through effective and efficient communications and developing/maintaining relationships with stakeholders using regional and national standards. This will include carrying out mailshots, soft and hard copy and social media.
- Contribute to and delivery of effective and efficient administration systems, processes and procedures.
- As requested, to record accurately project scheme expenditure.
- Liaise with other Regional Offices and Scheme Champions so that nationally outcomes are optimised.
- Adopt a flexible approach to working with the rest of the team including being prepared to carry out activity on behalf of other members of the team.
- To undertake other duties as required within the general scope and level of the post.
Note: the responsibilities assigned to the post may be amended as required within the general scope and level of the post.
3. Qualifications and education required
A good general education (at least GCSE/equivalent in a range of subjects including English and Mathematics).
- Evidence of previous administrative work is advantageous.
- Good experience and application of Microsoft Office packages, especially Outlook and Excel, as well as experience of working with bespoke databases.
- Experience of managing a personal workload.
Aptitude and skills required
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate professional and personal initiative whilst working as part of a team.
- Ability to establish rapport with people at all levels.
- A self-starter who will have ideas, motivation, initiative and common sense.
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritising work and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work without close day to day supervision.
- Must be able to identify and solve, or suggest solution to problems.
- Must be able to observe confidentiality.
- Appropriate personality to act as an ambassador for the scheme.
- Flexibility and determination to succeed.
4. Special conditions
The post holder may be required to attend meetings and to travel off-site, possibly involving over-night stays, and will be required to work some weekends.
The successful candidate will be required to fulfil an enhanced DBS check.
THE ENGINEERING DEVELOPMENT TRUST
Terms of Reference applicable to Regional Assistant
Nature and Level of Appointment
This grade covers posts within EDT Trust where special responsibilities for key aspects of scheme operation and management have been delegated by the line manage. They may be full-time or part-time posts.
Individuals will have responsibility for a clearly defined section or sub-section of work and will be accountable for results achieved; post holders require a high degree of personal initiative and may also require specialised knowledge. The posts are mainly organisational content: they involve the management of resources, and require the exercise of professional judgement in accordance with the broad policies of the Trust and declared objectives of its student programmes.
Areas of responsibility
Will vary according to the specific post. Regional Assistants’ responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
- Marketing to schools and companies
- Stakeholder recruitment / linking/ mentoring
- Database administration
- Development and enhancement of office systems
- Event co-ordination & attendance
Effectiveness measured by
Overall standard of work in delegated areas of responsibility and achievement of agreed objectives agreed with the responsible line manager.
Applications: To apply or for more information please contact Ella wardleworth-Phillips email@example.com
Brief Summary of the EDT – www.etrust.org.uk
The EDT is an independent registered charity whose mission is to encourage young people to fulfil their potential through careers in science, engineering and technology (STEM).
Established in 1984, the EDT is a leading national provider of work related learning programmes targeting 12-21 year olds and annually involves over 30,000 students per annum.
The Trust aims to inspire and motivate young people into choosing a SET career by giving them the opportunity to experience real life exposure to industry, business and higher education.