Programme Delivery Manager x 2 roles
EDT Role: Programme Delivery Manager
Covering either North, Midlands or South Region (Based in Salford, Birmingham or Welwyn Garden City
Responsible to: Head of Schools Programme, Midlands & North
Location: Salford, Birmingham or Welwyn Garden City
Salary: £20,000-25,000 FTE (Band C EDT)
Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays
Hours: 1x Part time and 1 x full time positions available which can be based whole or partly out of any of the regions.
Purpose: Since 1984 EDT has grown from running the Engineering Education Scheme (EES) in a few locations to the successful, UK wide organisation it is today. EDT now runs 9 work-related programmes from 1 day sessions to year long placements which provide a comprehensive progression route for more than 40,000 young people every year, including the national accreditation programme Industrial Cadets.
EDT provides the infrastructure and support for profound employer engagement based around hands-on experiences enabling all schools to connect with large and small employers. In particular EDT specialise in industry led and mentored projects introducing young people to the skills and competencies needed to be a successful apprentice or graduate engineer. These projects include:
Engineering Education Scheme (EES) is a six month programme where team of up to six year 12 students work with a local engineering company to provide a soloution to a real life engineering problem facing that company. EDT supports all aspects of this project including sourcing schools and companies to support the programme.
Go4SET is a ten week programme where teams of six students work with a company mentor on a pre defined project. Brokered by the EDT, Go4SET operates in geographical hubs across the region and can be supported by a sole company or collaboratively by a number of local companies.
- To recruit company sponsors and schools to grow EES and Go4SET in either the North West/Yorkshire of England areas
- To support all partners (students, schools and companies) during the running of programmes
- Part of a regional delivery team with significant team and personal private sector/industry income targets
- Recruitment of partners and sponsors for the School Programmes (EES, Go4SET and other EDT development programmes) on an annual basis, in a defined geography, with annual retention targets and income and participation growth targets
- In conjunction with the Head of Schools Programme, initiate, develop, produce, implement and manage plans to identify potential companies and other regional opportunities to expand the numbers or organisations involved in the schemes in line with agreed regional and national targets
- To actively promote the EDT Schools Programme, maximise awareness of and participation in the EDT Schools Programme across the region to new and existing companies and organisations
- Specific responsibilities for the EES and Go4SET in the region.
- To strategically expand the scheme programmes across the region through 3 core offerings to business:
- Targeted Schools Package
- Full School Package
- Multi School Package
- Support all the schemes events in terms of assessors, sales potential , including feedback to stakeholders on impacts
- Manage the recruitment of Assessors for the CADs to encourage new business for the next academic year.
- Record and manipulate the database to sort data for customer liaison.
- Manage the processes to ensure that customer service meets agreed standards and adds value to all of the schemes’ customers
- Reporting with and dotted line reporting to the Head of Development on the regional delivery of new programmes and company hubs etc
- Management of regional events such as launch days and Go4SET & EES ‘Celebration & Assessment Days’
This job description reflects the current requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop due to changes in organisational and other circumstances, so the actual duties and responsibilities will vary from the particulars of this job description. Job descriptions will be updated or amended from time to time to reflect such changes.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Can deliver against targets, including financial targets
- Must be able to demonstrate professional and personal initiative whilst working as part of a team
- Ability to establish rapport with people at all levels
- A self-starter who will have ideas, motivation, initiative and common sense
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritising work and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work without close day to day supervision
- Must be able to identify and solve, or suggest solution to problems
- Appropriate personality to act as an ambassador for the scheme
- Flexibility and determination to succeed
- Car driver preferred
The post holder will be required to attend meetings and to travel off-site, possibly involving over-night stays, and will be required to work some weekends.
The successful candidate will be required to fulfil an enhanced DBS check
About EDT (Engineering Development Trust):
EDT is a registered education charity operating since 1984 engaging over 40,000 students per year. More information can be found at www.etrust.org.uk
Applications should be in the form CV and supporting letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the person specification for the post.
To apply or for more information please contact Ella wardleworth-Phillips email@example.com