COULD YOU BE A HEADSTART, INSPIRE OR ROUTES INTO STEM SUPERVISOR?
Headstart is a well-established summer school programme held at universities across the UK, for Year 12 students, that owes much of its success to the active and enthusiastic participation of a team of Supervisors. The aim of the Headstart programme is to encourage students interested in mathematics and science to apply for technology-based degree courses at university.
Inspire is a well-established summer school programme held at universities across the UK for Year 11 girls.
Routes into STEM is a non-residential 3 day course for Year 10 students visiting a university, a college and a company.
We are looking to recruit some new Supervisors for our Headstart and Inspire courses that run throughout June and July of each year and our Routes into STEM courses which run at different times of the year. Supervisors are paid a modest day rate plus expenses.
- Share your enthusiasm for STEM subjects with young people?
- Provide friendly advice to students?
- Attend social activities in the evening?
- Liaise with university organisers and students to ensure the course runs smoothly?
- Be the point of contact for visitors at a course?
- Stay with students throughout the course, including overnight?
All Supervisors are required to have a current DBS/PVG certificate. For further information please contact us at email@example.com.