“Go4SET provides the opportunity to investigate real industrial issues & to develop innovative solutions. These skills are important to BP as a company, & to the energy sector”
- Ian Duffy, BP, Go4SET Lead Sponsor
EDT’s Go4SET Project is a 10-week Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) project that allows employers to reach young people age 12-14, enabling development of employability skills and career pathways whilst changing perceptions.
The project enables the development of employability skills and career pathways whilst changing perceptions about science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM). Employers gain community links for future recruitment, whilst developing staff, addressing preconceptions of industry and workforce and giving something back to the community, whilst developing young people.
- Showcases STEM careers and career pathways available
- Helps to address preconceptions of STEM careers
- Creates an opportunity to develop own staff through mentoring and leadership skills
- Can help meet Corporate Social Responsibility objectives
- Can assist with marketing for contracts and future business
How does it work?
- Company/organisation identifies mentor(s) to support the project and registers with EDT
- EDT links company/organisation with school/college
- Company mentors helps school/college choose project from menu of options and project commences starting with a launch event
- EDT supports mentors, teams and teachers throughout the duration of the project
- The ten weeks includes a project launch event, a company visit and culminates in a Celebration and Assessment Day. Regular meetings are encouraged
- You can gain the opportunity to support a team, a hub, a class or even a whole year group
- We provide 'off the shelf' projects and frameworks with the potential to develop your own project
- You can utilise EDT’s delivery network and relationships with schools
- You can also use Go4SET to support your graduate or apprenticeship strategy
- Projects are accredited by the Industrial Cadets framework at Bronze level. Industrial Cadets is a national standard for workplace experiences, inspired by HRH The Prince of Wales – to ensure that young people develop skills by taking part in these accredited experiences. For more information visit the Industrial Cadets website.