First Edition provides your young learners (aged 9 – 16 years) with exciting and enriching hands-on activity days within the school/college environment. Run by the Engineering Development Trust, the day-long workshops will give your students engaging, memorable experiences and show how careers in science, technology, engineering and maths can be wide-ranging and rewarding. From coding to racing cars, our specially-designed, curriculum-linked activities cover a range of areas designed to inspire your child. During a First Edition day they will get the opportunity to be creative, and explore science, technology, engineering and maths in a fun, engaging way.
Benefits to Students
- Enhances the curriculum
- Provides a quality, interactive learning experience through stimulating hands-on activities
- Provides your child with information about STEM careers and study routes
- Engages and inspires your child to shape their own future choices
- Assist the Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) of your child, by encouraging teamwork, creativity, problem solving, time management, and innovation
What is the process?
- Schools enquire about booking with the First Edition team via email to email@example.com or via the online form
- A member of the First Edition team will contact the teacher to discuss requirements
- The First Edition team will liaise with the school to confirm a programme for the students to take part in
- The First Edition Education Officers will deliver to the workshop in school. Teachers are required to support the day.
How much does it cost?
Generally, First Edition is booked and paid for by the school. Each school operates differently however, and this is dealt with by the school.