Employer’s appetite to recruit more young talent is increasing, however attracting the best young people into their company has been a challenge for many employers. The Year in Industry programme can help you meet this challenge and much more. Each year 1000’s of the company’s sharpest young people apply to the scheme, searching for challenging work experience in a year out before or during their degree course. The Year in Industry is a leading provider of UK-based work placements. We specialise in providing talented young people with high-quality placements in all areas of engineering, science, computing and business. Our partner companies benefit from cost-effective access to enthusiastic, hard working young people who are serious about their careers and keen to get ahead, these short-term contracts also give you the flexibility you need.
- Access to talented and dedicated students to drive your business forward
- An extra person in your team just when you need it
- The opportunity to tackle short projects effectively for yourself and your clients
- The ability to tackle emerging issues such as environmental audits
- A way to tackle existing problems that you don’t have time to address
- The opportunity to enhance the UK’s future workforce
How it works
- Employers approach us outlining the kinds of roles they have / students they are looking for.
- EDT Placements team will search the registered students’ database to find suitable matches for employers and forward relevant CV’s to the company. In some cases we will contact universities / schools for specific candidates.
- The employer will identify which students they would like to interview and when.
- The EDT will deal with the administration arrangements informing the student.
- The employer will interview the student and decide whether they want to offer a placement to the student. If they do the EDT will relay the offer to the Student.
- The EDT will assign a mentor to the student / employer.
- Upon the student starting the EDT will invoice for the placement fee.
How much does it cost?
A contribution of £1,995 plus VAT helps to cover the costs of recruitment, off-the-job training, running of the scheme and support throughout the placement.
How to get involved
As one of the leading placement providers in the UK, hundreds of companies, from small to medium enterprises to multinationals have already taken advantage of our unique scheme – find out more by contacting our team here.