COULD YOU BE A HEADSTART, INSPIRE OR ROUTES INTO STEM SUPERVISOR?
Do you want to help excite and shape the workforce of tomorrow?
Headstart is a well-established programme held at universities across the UK, for Year 12 students, that owes much of its success to the active and enthusiastic participation of a team of Supervisors. The aim of the Headstart programme is to give students a taste of university life and to encourage students interested in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) to apply for similar courses at university.
Inspire is a well-established summer school programme held at universities across the UK for Year 11 girls either 3 day residential course or 3 day non-residential course.
Routes into STEM is a non-residential 3 day course for Years 9 & 10 students visiting a university, a college and a company.
We are looking to recruit some new Supervisors for our Headstart and Inspire courses that run throughout June, July and August of each year and our Routes into STEM courses which run at different times of the year. Supervisors are paid a modest rate plus expenses.
- A passion for supporting and shaping young people and able to share your enthusiasm
- A client focussed attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work collaboratively and solve problems
- A willingness to use own initiative, be proactive, diplomatic and flexible with different university partners
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the university, student ambassadors and academic leads to ensure the safety and well being of all students
- To provide friendly and helpful advice to students and encourage them to participate and gain maximum benefit from the course
- To help resolve any pastoral issues with students, which may include dietary requirements, religious/faith observations or sickness
- Inform students of and enforce the Code of Conduct
- Supervise students throughout the course, including overnight
- Attend and help with social activities in the evening
- Liaise with university organisers and students to ensure the course runs smoothly
- Be the point of contact for the office, parents and any visitors at a course
- To be an ambassador for EDT’s programme’s and use language and behaviour which recognises the university as EDT’s client.
All Supervisors are required to have a current DBS/PVG certificate.
If you are interested in becoming a Supervisor, click here to complete our online application form, once completed email your current CV to us at email@example.com.