Go4SET links teams of six Year 8/9 (England) and S2 (Scotland) pupils with employers and universities to offer a 10 week Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Project.
The UK needs to increase the number of pupils pursuing careers in Science, Engineering and Technology. Support from Industry and business is sought for this initiative and can help to make an important contribution to the future of STEM through inspiring pupils to become involved at this key stage in their education. Work-related learning within an industry and enterprise context is at the core of the Go4SET experience.
Research has shown that the exposure of younger age groups to STEM related employers, encourages more students to choose post-16 courses in these subject areas, eventually leading to the study of STEM degrees at university.
Key benefits for Young People & Educators:
- Students can understand STEM application in a real-world setting
- Creates an opportunity to influence subject and career choice
- Students develop employability skills to help with future study and employment potential
- Links are developed with local industry for further engagement and learning potential
Key benefits for Employers:
- Showcases STEM careers and career pathways available
- Helps to address preconceptions of STEM careers
- Creates an opportunity to develop own staff through *mentoring and leadership skills
- Can help meet Corporate Social Responsibility objectives
- Can assist with marketing for contracts and future business
Find out how Go4SET Projects are making an impact here.