"I thoroughly enjoyed the course at Strathclyde University. It has really helped to open my eyes to all the career possibilities in engineering. It has helped me to realise what I really want to do with my life and has made me more motivated and determined to achieve those goals. I would not change anything on the course and would definitely recommend it to my friends."
What’s it all about?
Headstart at Strathclyde offers a challenging and action-packed programme with a range of activities run by five of the University's eight engineering departments. The course focuses on project-based activities across a wide range of Engineering areas with an emphasis on hands-on problem-solving in teams.
What will I be doing?
• Get involved with practical team-based projects and competitions • Have the opportunity to visit two of the eight departments in the Faculty of Engineering to find out more about the different disciplines on offer to undergraduate students and what you can expect if you choose to study an engineering degree • Receive talks from practising engineers • Attend specially arranged visits to local industries • Experience student life at the University of Strathclyde • Meet current Engineering students and recent graduates and live in the University's student village in the centre of Glasgow - Scotland's largest city
Would this course suit me?
Strathclyde has the largest Faculty of Engineering in Scotland which is also one of the largest in the UK. All the undergraduate courses offered in the eight departments are fully accredited by the relevant professional engineering institutions. If you want to find out more about what it is like to study engineering at University and about the large variety of degree options on offer, then this course will suit you. The Headstart course is very well organised and structured to give you hands on experience of a broad range of engineering topics to see which will be right for you. These may include:
• Design, Manufacture & Engineering Management
• Civil & Environmental Engineering
• Electronic & Electrical Engineering
• Chemical & Process Engineering
• Biomedical Engineering
• Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
• Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
Please note: The campus location is hilly and so may not be suitable for people with mobilty issues.
Monday, June 25, 2018 - 10:00 to Friday, June 29, 2018 - 12:30