What's in it for you?
• Enhanced industrial enterprise links
• Raised profile of School/College within local community
• Improved higher education links
• Individual teacher professional development and accreditation with the College of Teachers
• Specific input into the Careers Department
• Facilitation of all Key Skills requirements
What's in it for the students?
• Opportunity to apply post 16 studies within a practical context
• Work related learning focussed on innovation and enterprise
• Experience university life and gain a greater awareness of possible career opportunities
• Opportunity to meet professional and graduate engineers, scientists and technologists from a variety of engineering projects, highlighting the multi-disciplinary nature of engineering
• Experience of teamwork, interviews, presentations, project management and writing technical reports
• Contribution to the Duke of Edinburgh Award skills section
• Opportunity to apply for BA Crest Award at Gold Standard (80% of EESE students are successful)
Industrial Cadets Accreditation
EES STEM projects are accredited by the Industrial Cadets framework at Gold level. Industrial Cadets is a national standard for workplace experience, inspired by HRH The prince of Wales - to ensure that young people develop skills by taking part in these accredited experiences. For more information visit the Industrial Cadets website.